Ministry Update from Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Risen King Church family,
As you know, various recommendations have been made over the last several days at both the national and state levels to limit gatherings of people in hopes of containing or slowing the spread of illness. Last night, the elders and deacons discussed over video conference how we as a church should respond to these recommendations moving forward. We see the following steps to be our wisest course of action for the time being:
• First things first, while we will continue to have our Sunday morning Gatherings starting at 10:30am, we are asking everyone to stay home and participate in them over our live-stream video. The fewest people possible will be in attendance for the sake of the singing, preaching, and making sure our equipment is working properly. To encourage your participation in this, we will be providing ahead of time a printable worship guide with the catechism question and answer, song lyrics, and Scripture readings.
• All Training Hour classes and other ministries held at the church facility have been suspended.
• We recommend that all small groups take the voluntary containment recommendations into consideration as they decide whether or not to meet in person. However, since we all still need fellowship and prayer, think of other ways to share your burdens and pray with each other (e.g. video chats, phone calls, emails, texts).
• The weekly cleaning schedule is being suspended until further notice.
• The Church Work Day scheduled for Saturday, March 28 will be postponed until a later date.
• We will not be having the Fellowship Luncheon scheduled for Sunday, March 29.
Along with those changes, here a few other thoughts we wanted to share with you:
• The elders and deacons will be reaching out to each of you regularly to see how you are doing spiritually and physically.
• If you or someone you know in our church family is facing a financial hardship or is in need of assistance running errands, please let one of the elders or deacons know! We are eager to continue ministering to each other, but we can only meet those needs that we know about.
• Please remember that, in the midst of all these changes, our ministry will continue to have financial needs and obligations. Online giving is always an available option through our website, but you can also mail in your giving checks. Our mailing address is:
Risen King Church
2438 US Route 60
Hurricane, WV 25526
We are all looking forward to when these restrictions are no longer necessary and we can return to our normal ministry schedule. In the meantime, let us not be idle but rather prayerful, not only for God’s mercy to be shown in stopping the spread of this virus but also for his glory to be displayed in the lives of his people to each other and to our neighbors.
In the words of our closing text from Hebrews last Sunday, “May the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Grace be with all of you,